Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pirate Bar


Smuggler's Cove
Ahoy, Matey! The coolest themed bar I have been to thus far is Smuggler’s Cove. Residing in the Fillmore, this pirate-themed bar is a nice trip out of the city for a while. Technically, Smuggler’s Cove is a three-layer building; if you go after a long day at work it feels much smaller than that. It gets crowded and quick so I don’t suggest you go with a big group if you’re trying to find seating. Their drinks are delicious. Averaging at around $13 per drink, they have great concoctions with fun, pirate-y names. The last drink I got there was a tequila-base, and the bartender made the drink so strong it was almost undrinkable. However, it was appreciated towards the end of the night. The bar residing on McAllister and Ash is worth the trip every once in a while, but there isn’t much around so bar hopping is out of the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment